Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Oral Traditions: The Stories our Families Tell

Oral Traditions: There are Trains in my Dreams
By: Zach Wiesend


My grandpa tells this story every time he is at my house . . . 

When he was little, he had a train set and he would throw, kick, and slam the cars everywhere.  He also liked to make them drive down the stairs in the house, where they would crash at the bottom.

One night, he had a dream.  He dreamed that he threw the train and it started to steam.  It got up and said, "don't ever throw  me again."  Then, it started rolling toward him.  When it got to him he woke up with the pillow on the floor (he thought it was the train) and the blankets everywhere.  

After the dream, he never threw the trains again.


Oral Traditions: Catch the Snake!
By: Tucker Herald


One day my brother and I were driving down to my dad's work to see him.  Along the road there was a really big python!  So, my brother said that we should somehow grab the snake and bring it down to my dad's.  Of course my brother made ME grab it!

So - we were driving down the road and I was holding this huge snake out the window of the truck as we went.  When we got to my dad's work, we decided to put the snake in a box, so his friends would not see it.  We took it to his office and because he was not there, we let it lose. . . 

Later, he walked in and saw the snake and panicked!  He accidentally hit his head on a lamp and passed out!  We were in big trouble, but it still makes us laugh today.

No comments:

Post a Comment