Wednesday, March 27, 2013

What If Poems: Inspired by Shel Silverstein

What If:
By Hanna Norton


First day at a new school,
Nervous, scared – I think of all
The what if stuff . . .
What if my hart gets messy
What if my clothes are out of date
What if I don’t stop growing
What if I don’t make friends
What if my chair makes a fart noise and I end up with an embarrassing nickname
What if I am too dumb
What if I have nasty breath
What if I throw up in class
What if I get in trouble in class
What if I flunk 7t grade
What if I forget to wear pans
I stop there, get up, and make a what if check list
And make sure none of these what ifs EVER
Happen to me


What If:
By Mathias Gibson

Hmmm . . . It’s strange
What we would be if so many
Things didn’t happen
What if I was never born?
What if I didn’t have money?
What if I didn’t like pie?
What if no one ever died?
What if – what if – all these what ifs
But it doesn’t matter
What matters is, what is

No comments:

Post a Comment