Thursday, October 17, 2013

Point Of View Fairy Tales

* Students were instructed to pick a common story - one many people have heard frequently - and retell it from a new characters perspective, changing the story significantly.




Cinderella
By: Casey Stophel
10/17/2013

I’m going to tell you the true story about my sister Cinderella.  I’m Bella, the oldest of the step sisters.  My sister, Cinderella, always got the attention.  She was the pretty one.  She got all the guys.  I’m the smart one, I got good grades – I’m even a national champion in squash!  My father and grandparents were always fond of her. 
Everyone always thinks my mom was just mean – but there was a reason for that too.  You see, while she was sleeping one night, Cinderella shaved off her eyebrows – and boy did that gt her steaming.  That’s why she couldn’t go to the ball.  The other reason my mom would let her go to the ball was because she got an F o her report card, not because she was a slave and had to clean up everything.  She probably was doing that because her room was a mess.  Mom felt bad, so we tried to bring home ice-cream for later, but she was asleep and our freezer was broken – so it would have melted anyway.
You know Cinderella lost her slipper, which is actually true.  You also know that the Prince was trying to find the slipper’s owner.  But, what you don’t know, is that the prince was actually my boyfriend!  Once he saw Cinderella, though, it was like I didn’t exist.  It seems like I’m the only one that truly understands that my sister is a freak who will go out of her way to get attention.  I will never forgive her again!  And just so we’re clear . . . the camera caught me on a bad day!
This brings us to my un-happily ever after.



Cinderella
By: David Rice
10/17/2013

Hi!  I’m Cinderella, and I have five bratty step brothers.  I was watching T.V. and I made the boys do the work, but they thought I was mean.  At least I gave them a snack!
My brother, Andrew, likes this girl named Mary.  Since our parents died, I make the rules and I say they can’t have girlfriends.  The next day I went to the park to pick some apples and I say my brother with that weirdo Mary girl.  I immediately confronted the and told Mary to get away from my little brother.  Andrew was grounded for two weeks.

As soon as we got home, I sat back down to watch some more T.V. and let my brothers take care of the cleaning.  And we had . . . well I had a happily ever after.

No comments:

Post a Comment