Thursday, October 3, 2013

Landscape

* Students were given a random picture of a unique landscape and asked to use it as the inspiration for a creative story.

Landscape
By: Sam Armstrong
10/1/13

Here is my home.  Early in the morning the sky starts to illuminate my heart.  The water is acting as a mirror to the heavens above and soaking in the color.  I love this place.  Stars still fill the sky as dawn is arriving.  The jagged mountains are turning more grey as the sun comes its way.  Although I lay here by myself, something is calling my name.  I see that its fading away from me – my wonderful home, my peace and quiet spot is drawing away from sight.  I open my eyes back to reality, and now I lay away – my mom sitting next to my bed.

Landscape
By: TaAliyah Ross
10/1/13

Listen closely and you can hear the whispers through the trees. 
The fog blinds you – you can’t find your way you . . . you’re stuck. 
Keep going, just be very quiet. 
There is a shushing noise when your feet touch the ground. 
The old tree branches weeping in the distance, waiting for their time to fall.

 The only thing you can say is you can make it through this forest.

No comments:

Post a Comment