Thursday, April 24, 2014

A Remarkable Adventure - Based on the poem by Jack Perlutzky

A Remarkable Adventure
By: Alexa Hurlburt

I was in my living room
About to head to bed
Until I got the feeling I was being followed
Ah, it was all in my head
So I laid down, and shut my eyes
Until I heard a noise across my room
My eyes opened suddenly, no sudden movements
This was it, this was my doom
I got up slowly, to see what it was
I grabbed my lamp, ready to fight
The noise getting louder
My mom then walked and turned on the light
I looked where the noise was coming from
It was my homework being torn up by me brother
I was ready to scream at him
But all I got was yelled at by my mother
And that’s why I don’t have my phone for a week


A Remarkable Adventure
By: Allyson Vondran

I was in the park
Our puppy by my side
The trees began to change
With teeth that opened wide
They creaked and croaked
As they slowly stood
Time slowed but they were quick
They groaned about a wooden hood
Then a lady made a steel
Smiled big and bright
Her metal teeth flashing in the night
“Come child I’ll show you wrong and right”
Our puppy barked and howled
Then we ran
The lady followed us
I whacked her with a  pan
The trees were quick
They swallowed the puppy whole
They scared me down an alley
Where they grew two giant moles
Then they became trees once more
So mother that’s why puppy’s gone
I tried to save him
But my mind was in a smog


A Remarkable Adventure
By: Zack Smith

One day I was on a bench
Having juice and applesauce
When a man said to me
“I am now your boss”
He tome away
Put inside a place
Where it was do what you’re told
Or get a smack to the face
It really scared me
Thinking I’ll never see light
I wanted to give up now but then
Someone started a fight
I got an idea
So I snuck out and got away
I check the date and I was there all night

That’s why I don’t have my homework today

No comments:

Post a Comment