Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Whatif Poems - Imitation poems based on Shel Silverstein

Whatif
By: Rocket Smith

After the game I went to bed
And thought
Whatif I went out of bounds
Whatif I didn’t score a touchdown
Whatif I hit that guy harder
Whatif I wasn’t a starter
Whatif I didn’t have the spin move
Whatif I was not as smooth
Whatif I didn’t go to Swansboro
Whatif I wasn’t serving silent lunch tomorrow
Whatif I wasn’t Rocket
Whatif someone stopped it
Whatif I got tired of saying whatif
I’d probably quit saying it


Whatif
By: Kat Witte

This morning,
I was on a walk and met a man
Named whatif – he got to my head and all i
Could think was,
Whatif I smile and they don’t smile back
Whatif I have a friend name jack
Whatif I flunk a test
Whatif someone said I was the best
Whatif I don’t try
Whatif I accidently lie
I decided to leave the man
Until I met his sister – Fran


Whatif
By: Natalie Banner

I lay thinking till I can’t think anymore
Whatif . . .
Whatif I die,
Whatif nobody cries,
Whatif I hate,
Whatif I’m late,
Whatif all the stars shine no more,
Whatif I shut the door,
Whatif I don’t share,
Whatif I don’t care.
Whatif . . .
I think think, “they’re only whatif’s.”


Whatif
By: Albert Aguilar

Every night s I lay in bed
All these whatifs crowd my head
But soon the sun will come and shine
Whatif I don’t wake up on time
Whatif kids don’t think I’m cool
What if the teacher sees me and signs
Whatif lunch doesn’t make me full
Whatif I fail my test
Whatif my worst is really my best
Whatif I get in trouble
Whatif if people burst my bubble
These are my pointless thoughts
My bed’s not cold it’s really hot


 Whatif
By: Jacob Hooks

Two nights ago the whatifs crawled into my ear
Whatif I am not smart
Whatif I go crazy
Whatif I destroy the world
Whatif I get into a car crash
Whatif my family leaves me behind
Whatif I’m at gun point
Whatif I live on the streets the rest of my life
Whatif my family falls apart
Whatif my teachers quit on me
Whatif time freezes
Whatif I stop dreaming of the horrible whatifs


Whatif
By: Lexi Storm

Last night while I lay thinking here some
Whatifs crawled inside my ear
They would not leave not at all
Until I sang the whatif song
Whatif I never cry
Whatif all my dreams die
Whatif my food never cooks
What if all I have are books
Whatif I never find love
Whatif I’m the only one in the loner club
Whatif no one ever tells me hi
Whatif all we said was goodbye
What monsters were real

Whatif there’s no color teal

No comments:

Post a Comment