Monday, April 21, 2014

Poems for Two Voices

Home
A Poem for Two Voices
By: Isaak Mongubat and Serinity Buchanan

On the walk are
Written words I shouldn’t
Speak

                                    Living
                                                            Around the beautiful
                                                            Flowers that contain a
                                                            Sweet scent
                                    Almost
Not too safe to
Live in
                                    Remarkable
                                                            Sights I’ve never
                                                            Seen before
                                    But it’s alright
                                    Because it’s my home



He’s Gone
A Poem for Two Voices
By: Sydnie Yager and Jessie Seeley

All the memories
                                    Without him
                                                            Remembering some
                                                            Of him
                                    Missing him
At my birthday
Always gone
                                    Wondering
                                    When he’s     
                                    Coming home
                                                            Been
                                                            Two months
                                                            On my own
                                    I love you
                                    Come home



Light
A Poem for Two Voices
By: Trevelle Jones and Isaiah Saunders

I love the light
                                                I wish it would disappear
I’m glad it’s here
                                                I would die if I came near
                                    Sunlight
It fills me with delight
                                                And gives me fright
I’d rather be in the sun
                                                And I prefer the night
I’m going to try with
All my might to get you
To love
                                    Sunlight



Pigs and Elephants
A Poems for Two Voices
By: Dante Belandres and David Rice

I hate pigs
                                                            I hate elephants
                                    I hate you
Pigs are pink 
                                                            Elephants are blue
                                    I hate colors
                                    So do you?
You’re little
                                                            You’re fat
Hey!
                                                            Hey what?!
You’re muddy
                                                            You’re wrinkly
                                    I hate mud
                                    And skin
You do?
                                                            Yup!
You want to be friends?
                                                            Yeah
                                    FRIENDS!


Bird and Worm
A Poem for Two Voices
By: Jay  Miller

Flying high in the air
Looking for prey
                                                            Hiding underground . . .
                                                            Checking to see if the
                                                            Cost is clear
                             What’s that?
I think I see
My dinner
                                                            I think death is
                                                            Approaching
I’m going for the kill
                                                            Gotta crawl back
                                                            Into my hole
I’m gonna make it    
                                                            I can’t make it
Going in for it
                                                            NOOO!!!
                             GULP
That was tasty
                                                            I knew I
                                                            Couldn’t make it


What I Like About You
A Poem for Two Voices
By: Rudy Paisley

                                   What I think
The most                                                        the easiest to
Amazing face                                                            steel from
                                    What I’d do
                                    For you
I’d jump in                                                     I’d do anything
Front of a car                                               to steel
For you                                                           your money
                                    What I’d
                                    Give you
I’d give you                                                    I’ve give you
A million dollars                                            two
                                    I’d love you
                                    For
Ever                                                                1 year
                                    I’d do anything
                                    To keep you

With me                                                         Tricked

No comments:

Post a Comment