Thursday, April 18, 2013

Metaphor Poems


The Flower is the Sun: 
By – Emma Sparks

The flower is the sun
So beautiful, bright, and small
Standing on the ground
Cascading up the wall

It spreads its glistening petals
Stuck from the morning dew
Drawing in the sunlight
Following its every move

The flower is the sun
Let its petals shine
So small and frail
I hope it’s always mine


My Life is a Game of Scrabble: 
By – Jessica Burke

The possibilities of words,
The chosen and the unchosen letters,
What I can make of my choices,
And how the ending plays out.

My life is a game of Scrabble,
The chances to take are endless,
But it always ends,
So, use your life’s risky, chancy, letters.


People are Stars: 
By – Jenny Le

People are stars
Shining bright all the time
Trying to get recognition
Brighter and brighter
Our egos get ahead of us
Using everything to outshine the others
But eventually it’s gone
Our glow fading away
Forming into a black hole of nothing
People are stars



My Life is Football: 
By – Aiden Cook

My life is football
As I walk on the field
I already know the deal is sealed
When I call that play
The guys already know what I’m going to say
But when we are in formation
We all get a sensation
We all want to hit
We all need to sit
And that’s my life of football


Life is an Elephant: 
By – Hannah Ballard

Life is an elephant
Really big and wondrous
All you have to do is explore
Life can open many doors
But if only you try, life
Can pull you down
Yet, at the same time it can
Pull you up


My Life is Softball: 
By – Gabby Thompson

My life is softball
Running on the field
Base by base
4 years of practice
Standing on the plate
Waiting for the ball
1st base, 2nd base, 3rd base
Home.
My life is softball
And I just made a home run.


School Is a Dungeon: 
By – Maddie Anzaldi

School is a dungeon,
All children forced to go,
If you make 1 mistake,
The teachers will blow!
They’ll chain you up,
And send you to the master,
Where you’re then forced
To find your fate of disaster.


Baseball is my Life: 
By – Remington Froncek

Baseball is my life
My knees start to shake when I get up to pitch
I’m covered in sweat
If I mess up I give them a base
The player’s running
The umpire’s screaming
Coaches are giving signs
I wind up and all I hear is . . .
STRIKE!




No comments:

Post a Comment