Thursday, May 1, 2014

Haiku and Tanka

Haiku and Tanka were used during the Japanese internment of WWII as a form of coded love letter from spouse to another.

Haiku & Tanka
By: Elizabeth Watkins

Getting soaked by rain
When it’s raining I feel wild, free
It’s better with you

Running in the field
Seeing the flowers blooming
The wind is blowing
Looking up at the blue sky
Hoping summer will not end

Haikus
By: Sam Mitchell

We laugh and we play
No matter what they say
You made my heart one

Friends are treasure
You keep them by your side
As we pass through time



Haiku & Tanka
By: Sam Armstrong

He watches me sleep
Sitting outside my window
Electrifying

Staring through the soul
Looking past the bed side guard
I see her sleeping
My motion sets off the lights
My bedside guard is staring


Haiku & Tanka
By: Miya Johnson

Leaves fall gracefully
Into a large pit of flames
They shed tears and shriek

They burn and dissipate
But the sun will shine again
Till they once regain
The bonds secured by hardships
I am stuck but I am free


Haiku & Tanka
By: Taylor Smith

Beautiful I see
The trees whisper in your car
All I see I love

You are beautiful
While the air travels to you
Why are we split up
Our love is like two cardinals
A bird’s chirp is like our love
Here the sound and believe me


Haiku & Tanka
By: Strawberry Ray

The summer is great,
Have fun in the beach water
The sun is so hot

Winter is so cold
Most people don’t like winter
The sun is so fun
It’s too cold in the winter
Why do people like winter?


Haiku & Tanka
By: Serinity Buchanan

The Unknown
I have been locked up
I should not have been locked up
I did not kill her

Do not be afraid
There is a way to get out
Jump out of the car
Don’t ever turn or look back
Sun shall wake and I’ll be there





No comments:

Post a Comment